Monday, December 15, 2014

SOL #6

It is July 29, 2012. I am in the DU sports camp (which I hate) and waiting for the day to be over. I also wait for Tuesday (it is Friday today). On Tuesday a pure-blooded Golden Retriever puppy named Lola will arrive at our house. Our family has agreed that it's time to get a dog. This year our cousin Jacob has come all the way from San Diego to act as our  manny. He picks us up and we head to the car.He tells us our parents have "news" for us concerning Lola. When we get home, we hear that Lola is staying in the state she was coming from (????????), but we could head over to Petco and some dogs were coming from Joplin, Missouri, courtesy of Golden Retriever Freedom Rescue, and we could pick between two. I still had tears in my eyes about Lola.
     An hour later, we stand in front of Petco, waiting. I see the van pull up and open. I look at a dog inside, named Bridget. We have to choose between her and another dog, named Brianna, who they think is her sister (and could actually be). We spend a long time with each, and at the end decide on Brianna. We buy things like a collar, a bed, and food for her. On the way home, we elect to change Brianna's name. I finally bring up the name Sunset, since that's the color of her coat. We agree on that.
     It is December 15, 2014. I type a story into a computer. Sunset is curled up like a ball by my ladder. She walks up and exits my room. My mom croons,"Sunset, good girl! Good giir-errl,"and gires her a kiss. I smile inside as I hear her collar jangle.

This below looks just like Sunset, but isn't actually her. I think.  The code book for the next sol is a=ab=bc=cd=de=ef=fg=gh=hi=ij=jk=kl=lm=mn=no=op=pq=qr=r s=st=tu=uv=vw=wx=xy=yz=z

No comments:

Post a Comment