Thursday, February 5, 2015

SOL # 10

     I cautiously moved into the bleachers, looking around. There were "GO LIGHTNING!" signs all around.
     "OK, I will play Ellie as center." Dina tapped Talia on the head. "Forward, forward"- she touched me, "Guard"-she pointed at Noa-"Point- Is Lydia Loof here? All right, Helen."
     Ellie, Talia, Noa, Helen, and I ran to the middle. The game started.
I was in for an entire quarter. The teachers got the first basket, but we got two baskets after that. I didn't score any, or even shoot, but I played fairly well. The boys on the Gold team went next. At halftime, we were down 4-6. The teachers put on a really cool halftime show, but I was too worried to laugh. The girls on Maroon were up next. Both teams were more offense oriented, evidenced by the fact that the score was now 10-16. The boys on Purple then walked on the court.
      Both teams were playing their hardest. One boy actually shot a three pointer. I glanced up to the clock at ten seconds. We were behind 27-28. Then Rowan managed to steal the ball and shoot it at 0.9- seconds.We won 29-28.

4 comments:

  1. I like this SOL, it's short but sweet. I especially like how you described Dina picking out players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was cool, how you described how everyone was chosen.

    ReplyDelete