Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Ode Blog

Cute, innocent,
I brought joy wherever I went.
On four furry legs I ran,
I got laughs from woman, child, and man.
I had nothing to fear,
I was graceful as a deer.
I was happy every day
Life was no work and all play.
Everyone was my new friend,
I played and laughed without an end.


I am the color of wood, or, night, or snow.
I run with joy where I go.
I run past the tree, onto the grass,
I see another me running through the glass.
I sniff, but it I cannot smell.
I decide to run out past the well.
One of my human friends meets me there,
She runs her finger on my hair.
The feeling I get now I'm not in the stall,
Joy and happiness says it all.

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely! So much beautiful imagery. This is my favorite line: "I am the color of wood, or, night, or snow."

    ReplyDelete