Thursday, January 8, 2015

Queste

A month before, Septimus Heap was kidnapped and dragged five hundred years into the past by Marcellus Pye. His brother Nicko, adoptive sister Jenna, and friend Snorri Snorrelson (plus Snorri's Magykal cat Ullr) went back to save him. But Snorri and Nicko were left behind. Septimus and Jenna are determined to get them back. But there is a problem. Septimus is the apprentice of Marcia Overstrand, the ExtraOrdinary Wizard. Once in every apprenticeship, the apprentice must draw a stone from a jar. If the stone is ordinary lapis lazuli, the apprentice is safe. If it is inscribed with a golden Q, the apprentice must go on a dangerous quest no one's returned from. After numerous failures an evil gost finally slips the stone to Septimus. But he, Jenna, and their good friend Beetle are on a dangerous mission to rescue Nicko and Snorri. Darke forces are after him. Out of many Questers at the last day of their apprenticeship, none have come back. How can Septimus, only in the third year of his apprenticeship, hope to succeed?

1 comment:

  1. I have read this book (favorite series EVER) and I must say it is very confusing. This was a great summary for me because I didn't really remember what Queste was about and even when I read it I was kind of foggy. Nice job.
    -Brynn (from Linda's class. I was looking at your class blog and saw that you had read this and then I felt like I had to comment)

    ReplyDelete