Wednesday, January 14, 2015

SOL #8

            “Why do I have to go rock climbing? I have a lot of homework to do,” I collapsed on my bed with my dad watching me.
            “Because this is the only time this weekend the Cupps are available.”
            “Why go at all?”I mumbled.

             In an hour, we arrived at the rock climb area. In addition to the rock walls, there was a ladder and a knotted rope, both stretching to the ceiling. I walked over to the ladder and asked Dad if I could play on the rope. He said it was too close to where Griffin was climbing, but we could slackline instead. I climbed a rock wall easily twice. Then I tried the slackline. It was very hard to balance on, but it made a great bouncer-except when Griffin was sitting on it.  I also swung around in the rope. I learned that if you jumped off the slackline with the rope, you got a really cool swing. I also learned they had free butterscotch and peppermint candies. When I got home, I had a lot of homework waiting for me.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I have had to go skiing when i had hw so i feel you.
    Nice job explaining what you got to do.

    ReplyDelete