Thursday, March 19, 2015

March 19 slice blog

Five Feet Under
I woke up excited. The blizzard had stopped! I had traveled to my family in California and was in the cabin when it had started as a snowstorm. But normal snowstorms do not go on for so long you see, through the huge front window, the snow piling higher than the top of the sofa. I had never seen so much snow in one place before.  That day my mother and I walked out into the front of the cabin and a little off the porch. Then we began to dig. When we hit solid ground it was far taller than I was. Mom, her head a little above the top of snowy walls, said that it was about five feet. We set about digging the walls and other parts of the fort. I suggested that there be a small pit in the front to hold pre-made snowballs. Mom used the snow from the pit to make said snowballs. When Uncle Marty walked by we threw a snowball and missed, revealing our location. The snow fort has long since melted, leaving a flood of memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment