Friday, March 6, 2015

March SOL 6

It was 10am in the morning. I was kind of hungry. Dad told me I could make my own breakfast, so I decided to.
     I had not had waffles in awhile and I wanted to try it again. I am very good at making waffles. I asked Dad where the waffle mix was, and he told me it was in the mudroom. I grabbed my favorite waffle mix and headed off to the kitchen. First, I looked at the instructions on the can. Since my Dad didn't want any waffles, and my brother was at a sleepover birthday party, I decided to make a half recipe. The problem was that the recipe called for one egg, and I didn't know how to get half an egg. Dad told me that if I put an egg in a bowl, mixed it up, and poured half in to the mixture.
     After the recipe was done (but not the baking), I thought of "Twist waffles." I had gotten the idea from having cinnamon-vanilla waffles when I was younger. I wanted to try a twist that I had never done before and I had an idea.
     I began to look for the vanilla. Dad told me he could see the vanilla, but not where it was on the shelf.  I thought it was the almond extract for awhile. When I finally found it, I asked Dad to give me a boost, but found it was the "Magic-Shell" chocolate sauce. Dad told me that regular chocolate sauce was in the refrigerator -- I had not seen any of this before. I added in half a capful of vanilla and a couple of squirts of chocolate sauce. I mixed them together and made one waffle for me and 1/4 for my Dad. We didn't have any whip cream, so my Dad suggested to put cold vanilla ice cream on the hot toasty waffles. It was delicous!

3 comments: