Sunday, March 1, 2015

March Blog 1

The Elevator
       I heard arguing coming from inside the elevator. I thought it would be funny to capture the moment forever, so I pulled out my phone and made a video. This slice is based off that video. 

       We were on our way out of the Iron Horse Hotel at Winter Park resort. I was a little worried because I had a slice of life due by the next morning, a math chapter review due Tuesday, and an optional pi poster with a concept due (likely) on Tuesday as well. I managed to pull into the elevator al the last moment. With me were my dad, my brother Griffin (10), my dad's friend Ananda, Ananda's son Sam (11) and daughter Elliott (4 or 5). 

      "We're going to parking! Not 1!" shouted Sam after Elliott pressed the wrong button. 
     "Well, we're going to get there someday. Yesterday you pressed every button there was. Remember?" asked Dad. He and Sam laughed. 
     "Now we press the button," Griffin stated. 
     "1!"Elliott laughed. The doors opened.
     "Sam, can you grab her jacket from the backpack? It fell off. Can you just grab it from me real quick? Put it on the cart. Thank you. " Ananda said. "All right you guys are great. Everyone ate a good breakfast?"
      "No, not that one Ellie. Good one," Dad said as Elliott hit the open button. 
       "I hit the close button. And she hit the open one," grumbled Sam. Griffin hit the "L" button.
       "Lobby isn't where we're going." said Dad.
       "Oh," stated Elliott. 
       "Oops," said Griffin.
       "OPEN, OPEN, OPEN," yelled Sam.
       "It's not going to work," remarked Elliott.
       "Stop pushing buttons, Sam." said Ananda.
        "What? I clicked close," said Sam.
       "Thank you," said Dad and Ananda. 
       "Let's just go down to parking," I mumbled.
       Griffin told me it was the next stop. 
        "All out," said Dad.
        We got off the elevator. 

2 comments:

  1. This description makes me a little happy that I don't have siblings. It sounds complicated, but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elevators are such odd little rooms with so much potential for weird conversations. You have captured your ride perfectly. Pushing buttons, especially with siblings around is always such conflict area too.

    ReplyDelete