Monday, March 9, 2015

March sol 9

To Describe a Glove
          At first sight, it is just a glove. But I don't think it's just that. It is tawny brown, faded from long use. It has embroidery seams half an inch thick. They were likely once white, but are now somewhere between yellow and beige. The inside is coated with fleece that is wearing awasy at some places. The outside is old leather that is discolored and hardened in some places. I think it is from dipping into swamp water because on the thumb there is a clear line between the part that is discolored and the part that is not. My grandma gave me them at thanksgiving this year. They fit like a pair of gloves.

2 comments:

  1. Harry ISKL
    I really like the -They were likely once white, but are now somewhere between yellow and beige.- how you described it first look and the color it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting way to describe a glove. I loved the ending- they fit like a pair of gloves- that was really great way to end the slice.

    ReplyDelete